Monday, July 12, 2010

Belly Laughs

I'm visiting my friend in Texas this week, and she just happens to be pregnant, which of course is exciting to me because that means I get to practice maternity shots:-)

So I realized I forgot to tell you what I was working with in the last post. My camera is a Canon 20d, and the pictures below were taken with a 50mm lens.

My friend loves to swim, and we have many memories of swimming in her backyard pool growing up in the hot summers of Kansas. So today we went to her gym to swim some laps for exercise, and I thought it would be a cool time to take pictures:-)

ISO 200 (I realized later I should have turned it up, but I wasn't thinking about ISO at the time), 1.8 aperture, 1/800 shutter speed for the picture on the left. Right: ISO 200, 1.8, 1/320

ISO 200, 1.8, 1/800

ISO 200, 1.8, 1/640. Now this could have been my favorite picture if her belly was in focus. But of course, I couldn't even tell it wasn't in focus when I glanced at it on my camera. Awesome. I didn't edit this shot at all.
So, what do you think of my editing choices? Like I stated in the last post, I'm not a huge fan of editing. I like shooting better:-) And I also don't use black and white very often, but in this case I liked it. How would you have edited these?

No comments:

Post a Comment