Sunday, July 11, 2010

Jamaica

Here are some of my favorite photos that I took while we were in Jamaica last week. A lot of these are straight out of the camera because I'm being lazy and don't want to spend time editing them:-) Enjoy!
On the van driving from Montego Bay to YS Falls in St. Elizabeth, Jamaica. These are our friends Tony and Lyndsi. You will see much more of them in the future. I don't really know what it is about this photo that I love, but it just grabs my attention. 

This is my gorgeous husband, Melvin. You probably won't see much more of him here, because I can hardly ever get him to stay in front of the camera:-) I love his skin against the bright background in this photo. Love, love, love!

This was where we ate lunch that day. These chairs made me happy. 

YS Falls. This was sort of an attempt at leaving the shutter open long enough to get that smooth waterfall look. After this, the photo just looked overexposed. I like having people in my pictures instead of just landscape shots, so I like that I got the men sitting on the side. 


Before I left for the cruise, I was reading about travel photography. It talked about meeting people and having a story behind each portrait, not just going up to people and taking their picture. This guy offered to take my camera and walk through the waterfalls taking pictures of us. I was SUPER nervous, and I almost said no, but then I decided to trust him, and he didn't let me down. I kept telling him, "Now be careful, you're holding my life in your hands!". He was very careful, and I'm glad I trusted him, because we got some great shots! 

This is one of the pictures he took. Fun memories!

1 comment:

  1. This is all VERY exciting. What a fun post to begin this amazing journey with! I love the first one with your beautiful friends looking happy as can be. And the one of the local is gorgeous and looks like you could submit it to a stock photo site:) I am so excited for you on this learning adventure and I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete