- Always carry my camera. I'm going to have to sew a camera case that's comfortable to always tote around:-) You never know when you'll get a great photo opportunity!
- Post at least one photo on this blog EVERY DAY. Yup, so that means you should become a follower so you can see pictures everyday:-)
- Save up for a Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 lens. I want this lens because I discovered that I really like prime lenses when I got my 50mm (I almost always use this lens as opposed to my 18-55mm zoom lens), and it's more in my price range than the insanely awesome 85mm f/1.2 L that I really want (that's not gonna happen for a few years, I'm sure). I'm also going to be taking a lot of pictures of indoor basketball games because of where my husband works now, and according to the review, this lens works well for indoor sports.
- Submit my photos to all of The Pioneer Woman's photo contests, and any other photo contests I see online.
- Participate with Help-Portrait in my community.
- Print my photos! I don't want my pictures to be in computer jail. I want to print off my favorite shots and use them as postcards, calendars, wall art, and gifts! Maybe even make a book of my favorite shots at the end of the year.
- Learn how to manipulate my flash to create great photos. I know flash can be a great tool, I just don't know how to use it yet.
- Maybe look into helping with the Photography project for local 4-H kids? That could be fun:-)
- Figure out a post processing workflow. I need to work on this one a lot. It's hard to want to even edit my photos after I shoot, because I don't I don't like the way I currently organize/rate them. Having hundreds of photos to go through only to find a handful of good ones is overwhelming and slightly depressing. I'm open to suggestions for this one! Help! (P.S.-I have a Mac, so I have Bridge and iPhoto. I don't have Photoshop yet)
- Start a photo group in my town. I need people to go on photo outings with, get inspiration from, etc. I think I'd also like to have a place for this group online so my photographer friends in other states can add to the inspiration (you know who you are!).
Well, those are my top ten goals for the rest of the year. I'll keep you posted on my progress, and feel free to keep me accountable and ask me how I'm doing with these things:-) So here are some photos I took today to end the post with. Meet Molly, the Boston/Fox Terrier mix:-) All taken with my 50mm, 1.8 aperture. I also used manual focus on all of them. Quite a challenge! Again, I completely forgot about what my ISO was doing. Oops. It was set on 200 for all of these.
|She's a little lady: always crossing her legs.|