Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cats and Chickens

My beautiful friend Brie was in town for a few days this week! I went to her parent's house to visit the other day, and of course to take pictures. Her mom has several chickens and a duck, and Brie brought her gorgeous cat Lucian with her too! I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but I love chickens. I want chickens. And ducks. 


ISO 200, f/1.8, 1/400 shutter speed


ISO 200, f/1.8, 1/250 shutter speed
ISO 200, f/1.8, 1/500 shutter speed

ISO 200, f/1.8, 1/500 shutter speed

ISO 200, f/1.8, 1/640 shutter speed

ISO 200, f/1.8, 1/250 shutter speed

So, as much as I LOVE my 50mm, it's frustrating sometimes. To be fair, I was forewarned about it's shortcomings (slow autofocus). My two complaints are of course the slow autofocus, and the fact that it doesn't do macro shots well at all. I always want to get in really close, but it just doesn't focus on things that close, so I have to constantly take a step or two back. It makes me realize that I really love macro shots, and therefore I want a macro lens now:-) The benefit of the slow autofocus is that it sometimes forces me to focus manually, which is a good thing to learn. By the way, I ALWAYS shoot in Aperture Priority (Av). Unless it's dark outside, then I go to Tv. Should I be venturing out into the other modes more often??

1 comment: