Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Got Ink?

Have you seen the new feature on the left side of my blog? I'm going to be putting links to other awesome blogs that feature tattoos! 

My latest tattoo. Located on the inside of my left wrist, it's a claddagh symbol which is an Irish symbol of love. The direction that the heart is facing means I'm MARRIED! Also the purple jewel symbolizes my beautiful mother and the green one is for my father, who is the Irish side of my family. Tat by Traci at New Rose Tattoo in Portland, OR. 


Tattoos have come a long way. No longer are they just for the rebellious teens or potty-mouthed sailors! They are much more mainstream now, and you can easily find youth pastors with Bible verse tattoos:-) I love tattoos. They are beautiful pieces of art that 
we get to see everyday. 

Ever since I got my second tat (the one above), I've wanted to photograph other people's amazing tattoos. So, do you have a really cool tat you'd like to feature on my blog? If you live in the McPherson, KS area and have some sweet tattoos (especially you ladies with the adorable and whimsical tattoos!), send me an email with a few snapshots and a short blurb about why you got it and what it means to you. 
Send photos to karilyn.sanders@gmail.com!

I'd love to photograph your ink!

No comments:

Post a Comment