Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Web of My Life

So, it all started with Kathy Carlisle. We met through our husbands, who played basketball together. This was 2 years ago I think, in Camas, Washington. She was this amazing photographer and I could have looked through her pictures for hours upon hours. Eventually they had us over for dinner, and it all began. To keep this super long story short, she became a great friend and mentor in many areas of my life. She's the one who inspired my blooming love for photography. This picture was literally the first picture I ever took with my Canon 20d. I bought the camera, bought the lens, bought a memory card, and drove straight to her house:-)


Fast-forward 5 months: we moved back to Kansas, I started taking pictures of everything and everyone, and began looking online for other photographers in the area. Kathy has a photography group back in Washington who get together every now and then to inspire each other, teach each other, and go on group shoots! I felt like I really need to do that here, because being a photographer without inspiration is useless! So, I've been contacting other photographers in the area to start a group because I saw their photos and got the same feeling from them as I did from Kathy's. It hard to describe, but I've learned from my relationship with Kathy to always listen to that feeling/inner voice.

In really weird ways, I find myself having some sort of connection to each of these people. Mutual friends, acquaintances, interests, etc. Like, super freaky ways. And then today, it all came full circle when, through a series of links on photographer's websites, I found this.

It's JAKE. AND. KATHY.

Haha, wow. I flipped out. I don't know if this post even makes any sense, but I'm just IN AWE of how close we all are in the world. We all know each other through someone. We all have something in common.

The song says it best: "It's a small world after all."

1 comment:

  1. Well, if that wasn't the most amazing post to run across in my Google Reader! This is all about synchronicities my friend...you might see Avatar again and see it with these fresh eyes that you have for understanding the power of your thoughts. It just keeps getting better and better the more you wake up to the connections around you all the time. Thank you for your soul feeding words and thank you for being you! You must realize that we attracted each other into our lives and the reason is always bigger then we see on the surface:) Keep following your soul and counting your blessings (fill your life with gratitude and watch the sychronicities blossom even greater)! Love you!

    ReplyDelete