Saturday, December 4, 2010

{Abbey Lace}

Meet Kellory. 


Kellory is the first installment in (what I hope will be) a long series of tattoo portraits. I love tattoos, and I want to be able to capture the beauty of them in a positive way. Don't you love her tattoo? Here's what it means to her:

           "I got this tattoo in 2009 in Newton, Ks at Body Ink and Steel by the artist Hollywood. When I moved to college my grandma (Ba) gave me a "wish box". It had a beautiful vintage floral print on the outside that I always loved. Down the road, after my husband and I had decided to name our daughter Abbey, I was going through some of my things. I found the box again and opened it up to find that the inside said "Abbey lace". I had been thinking of a way to incorporate a tattoo symbolic of my daughter and because I had always loved that vintage floral I decided to use the design from the box. The tattoo, to me, stands for the beauty that Abbey brought to my life and the ways in which I have blossomed since her arrival."




She also has a little tattoo on her foot! This also has special meaning to her.

                "The tattoo on my foot was the first tattoo I got. It was in the summer of 2007 in Toronto, Canada. I got the Hebrew word for "beautiful" on my foot because I was born with clubbed feet. I had to have 3 surgeries to correct them and I was in physical therapy and saw orthopedists for years. But, now 22 years later, they look and function like every one else's feet. I was able to participate in sports and I can even wear heels! Yay! The tattoo symbolizes that God can take seemingly "ugly" things and turn them beautiful!"



Thanks so much Kellory for being my first tattoo portrait! I hope to do many more, so if you have a special tattoo you'd like me to feature, send me a photo and tell me what it means to you! (Click the Contact Me button at the top of the page)

No comments:

Post a Comment