Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pennsylvania Chickens!

Up in the rolling hills of rural Pennsylvania, there sits a little chicken coop:-) 

Haha, doesn't that sound like the beginning of a cute little children's book? Anyway, while I was visitng my parents in Pennsylvania a couple weeks ago, my dad drove us out to his co-worker's house to see his chickens. My dad knows how much I love chickens:-) 


Clay (the guy who owns the chickens) built this coop himself! Nice, right? I have a little folder on my computer where I keep pictures of chicken coops that I like to give me ideas for the one I'm going to build my future chickens someday...and this one made the list too!



They have about ten chickens I think (something like that-feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Dad), and they give away their extra eggs to people at work. They have a beautiful flock! A nice variety of breeds. 


Just look at these gorgeous chickens! I was in love.



So of course, I had to hold one:-) I handed my camera off to my dad.

SO SOFT!
 
I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit nervous that it was going to peck my face:-)


Clay and his wife 
 Thanks so much for letting us come see your chickens! Now I just need to get some of my own. Too bad chickens don't do well in apartments :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment